Want to impress at a dinner party? Maybe discover a signature dish to wow that special someone?
You might find these tempting and ever so slightly addictive…
Smoked Chicken with fruity salsa
- Peel and slice a large mango thinly, peel, deseed and slice 1 small charentau melon. Place both in a large bowl.
- Add the finely grated zest of 1 orange and juice of ½, 1 crushed clove of garlic, 3tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 piece of glace ginger, diced and 4tbsp olive oil.
- Season to taste and add in some chopped fresh flat leafed parsley.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with sliced smoked Capestone Chicken Breast on croustade bases
Honey and Orange Glazed Chicken
4 boneless, skinned Capestone chicken
3 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Grated zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp soy sauce
- Make diagonal slashes across each chicken breast, place in a shallow non-metallic container.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, pour over the breasts and coast thoroughly. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours to marinade or use straight away.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Cook the coated chicken breast for 5-6 minutes on each side over moderate heat, turn and spoon over the remaining marinade several times.When the chicken is browned and glossy, serve sliced on a bed of dressed salad leaves or wilted greens.
Whisk 1 tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard with tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper, stir in a few chopped chives or parsley. Use to dress the salad leaves or over the warm greens.
Breast of Chicken in Parma Ham, Red Wine Sauce and Crushed Potatoes
4 breasts Capestone chicken
8 slices Parma ham
2 tbsps Dijon mustard
1 tbsps oil
1 oz butter
1 lb potatoes
4oz full fat cream cheese
1 tbsps chopped chives
1 tbsps chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
2 chopped shallots
1 glass red wine
2 star anise
½ pt thickened jus
- Heat oil and sear chicken breasts quickly to colour. Allow to cool
- Brush with mustard and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Wrap tightly in Parma ham to retain its shape
- Melt butter and cook breasts in oven for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook washed new potatoes in skins until just cooked, drain and put back in pan, crush with a fork. Add Philadelphia cheese and then chives
- Meanwhile, melt 1 oz butter and sweat off shallots. Add red wine and star anise, reduce slowly.
- Add thickened jus and boil
- To serve put potatoes into a ring in the middle of a plate
- Chicken on top and sauce over and around
Smoked Chicken, Bean, Beetroot and Mango Salad
50g green beans
1 small mango, firm but ripe
1 small raw beetroot, washed.
125g -150g Capestone chicken breast – smoked at home
1 tbsp toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds
Garnish: First Leaf baby herbs
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 heaped tsp Toloja herb grain mustard
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
1 tbsp rape seed oil
- Trim the green beans, blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and place in cold water, drain and allow to cool.
- Peel, halve and de-stone the mango and cut flesh into thin slices. Peel the beetroot and slice across into wafer thin slices.
- Remove skin from chicken breast and cut into thin slices.
- On two plates arrange the green beans in a criss-cross pattern, top with the mango slices. Arrange the beetroot and then place chicken slices on top. Season.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Spoon the dressing over the salad, scatter over the pine nuts or sunflower seeds, garnish with baby herbs and serve. Accompany with a basket of warm goat’s cheese griddle scones.