The key to organic farming is working in harmony with nature and the environment and where better than in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Doing the right thing
Capestone’s organic poultry and livestock are reared in a natural environment on a bespoke organic feed. The breeds are selected for their slow and maturing growth. Grown to strict Organic Farmers & Growers Standards – high welfare is paramount along with a nutritious GM-free cereal based diet and endless free-ranging space.
Capestone Poultry & Livestock
- Capestone chickens free-range overlooking the Milford Haven Waterway.
- Highest standard of animal husbandry: space, natural light, GM-free diet and free to behave naturally.
- Capestone strongly supports biodiversity through organic farming methods.
- Exclude pesticide use & provide a variety of habitats for wildlife.
- Habitats include: Species rich grassland, wetlands & ponds, Hedge Management, Woodland, Heritage & Archeological Sites within Capestone’s land.
- Capestone’s farming principles help to achieve reducing pollution & carbon dioxide emissions.
- Implementing crop rotation & use of animal manure to maintain soil fertility.
For further information on Capestone’s Organic Standards, visit Organic Farmers & Growers – http://www.organicfarmers.org.uk/