We’ve joined forces with the Working on Waste Campaign this month to help reduce waste and save money!
We want to share these 6 Top Tips with you…so you can Love Food…Hate Waste! Good Luck!
1) Planning your meals help you use up all your food. Check your cupboards, fridge & freezer before going to the shops.
2) Write a shopping list, take it with you and stick to it so you only buy what you need.
3) The ‘use by’ date is about food safety, ‘best before’ just refers to when it’s at its freshest.
4) Is your fridge cool enough? It should be below 5 degrees to keep food fresh for longer. Use a fridge thermometer to check if in doubt.
5) You can freeze any food right up to the ‘use by’ date, ideal if your plans change.
6) Keep your apples in the fridge, not in the fruit bowl, to keep them crisp and tasty for up to 2 weeks longer.
Follow these great tips…and let us know how you get on!